Taegis™ Agent Uninstall
To uninstall the Taegis™ XDR Endpoint Agent, follow the steps relevant to your OS.
Windows Uninstall ⫘
Uninstall via XDR ⫘
- From the XDR left-hand side navigation, select Endpoint Agents → Summary.
- Select the Hostname entry for the endpoint you would like to uninstall the agent from.
- Select the three dot Actions icon from the side drawer summary view, or open the detailed view and select the Actions menu.
- Choose Uninstall Agent. The agent uninstalls on the selected endpoint, with all agent binaries and registry entries removed, except for an uninstall log located at
To perform this action for multiple Windows Taegis™ Endpoint Agents at once, see Uninstall Taegis™ Agents
Uninstall via Command Line Using MSI Installer ⫘
At an administrator command line prompt, use the following command:
msiexec /x <path> /quiet /norestart /l*vx TaegisAgentUninstall.txt
We recommend you add the
/quiet flag for a quiet uninstallation, the
/norestart flag to prevent the endpoint from restarting, and the
/l*vx flag to enable logging for all uninstall actions.
All Taegis™ Endpoint Agent binaries and registry entries are removed with an uninstall log located in the
Uninstall via Control Panel ⫘
- From the Windows Control Panel, go to Programs and Features, select Taegis Agent, and then choose Uninstall.
- Confirm the action, and then select Yes from the User Account Control dialog, entering admin credentials, if prompted.
- The agent uninstalls with all agent binaries and registry values removed from the endpoint and no uninstall log created.
macOS Uninstall ⫘
The Uninstall Agent action in Taegis™ XDR is not supported for remotely uninstalling the Taegis™ macOS agent at this time. The Taegis™ macOS agent leverages system extensions that require an admin password that cannot be passed from Taegis™ XDR to be disabled so the agent can be uninstalled. To uninstall the Taegis™ macOS agent, follow these macOS Uninstall steps.
- Ensure that the Taegis™ XDR Endpoint Agent is not running on the system. From the dock, right-click the Taegis™ icon, then select Quit.
- From the Applications folder, locate SecureworksTaegis, right-click, and select Move to Trash to uninstall.
Move to Trash
- A dialog displays a message that the system extensions will also be removed. Select Continue.
Continue to Remove Extensions
- The Taegis™ XDR Endpoint Agent has been successfully uninstalled.
Linux Uninstall ⫘
Run the following command:
- For Fedora-based distributions like CentOS
yum remove taegis-agent.x86_64 -y
- For Debian-based distributions like Ubuntu
apt remove taegis-agent -y